Bimbo Bakehouse Inc. Privacy Statement
Bimbo Bakehouse Inc. (“Bimbo Bakehouse”, “ we”, “us” or “our”) takes steps intended to meet privacy principles and requirements with respect to personal information under applicable Canadian privacy legislation. The purpose of this policy is to inform our customers and other individuals we deal with (“you” or “ your”) how we collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information both on and off-line. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual, as more particularly described under applicable privacy legislation. This policy applies to our collection, use and disclosure of personal information in Canada. This policy does not apply to our practices in other jurisdictions, to information about our employees, or to information that is not personal information.
Personal Information We Collect
Bimbo Bakehouse and its agents and representatives collect personal information in a number of circumstances in the course of its business. Bimbo Bakehouse shall retain personal information only as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. Personal information we collect includes:
- contact information such as name, address, email address and telephone number;
- information provided when you register or otherwise provide information on our website;
- information provided when you complete questionnaires or surveys;
- information provided when you participate in a promotion or contest;
- information provided otherwise such as by telephone, by mail or through our website;
- records of customer calls or product-related comments or inquiries;
- such other information we may collect with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
Use of Personal Information
Bimbo Bakehouse generally uses personal information for the following purposes:
- receiving and replying to your requests, inquiries and comments;
- with your consent, sending you information about products and promotions offered by Bimbo Bakehouse and / or contacting you to conduct telephone surveys and market research;
- with your consent, sending coupons from time to time;
- providing customer service;
- administering promotions and contests;
- creating a data base of individuals who have registered to receive information from us;
- understanding your preferences, needs and interests and, with your consent, offering you products and information that are likely to be of interest to you and personalizing your experience when visiting our website such as by presenting you with information and offerings that we think will be of interest to you;
- improving our products;
- managing our business, including customer relations;
- ensuring the security of our business operations including our website;
- managing, administering, collecting or otherwise enforcing accounts;
- maintaining business records for reasonable periods and as required by law, and generally managing and administering our business, including defending and prosecuting legal claims;
- meeting legal, regulatory, insurance, security, accounting and processing requirements;
- purposes disclosed at the time of collection of personal information; and
- otherwise with consent or as permitted or required by law.
Collection of Your Personal Information
Bimbo Bakehouse collects personal information required for fulfilling the following commercial purposes:
- to establish and maintain responsible commercial relations and to provide ongoing service, and communication;
- to understand customer needs, trends and preferences;
- to evaluate, develop, enhance, market or provide Bimbo Bakehouse’s products and services;
- to manage and develop Bimbo Bakehouse’s business and operations;
- to meet legal and regulatory requirements;
- to protect Bimbo Bakehouse against error and fraud; and
- for any other purpose to which the individual concerned consents.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
Bimbo Bakehouse may disclose personal information, including in the following circumstances to:
- a person who in the reasonable judgment of Bimbo Bakehouse is seeking the information on the person’s own behalf or as an agent, including in connection with privacy-related rights under applicable law;
- a company or individual retained by Bimbo Bakehouse to perform functions on its behalf, such as research or data processing;
- a company or individual retained by an individual, who represents that it expressly is entitled to receive such individual’s personal information, or in the reasonable opinion of Bimbo Bakehouse implicitly is entitled to receive such individual’s personal information;
- a company or individual retained by Bimbo Bakehouse for the evaluation, development, enhancement, marketing or provision of any of Bimbo Bakehouse’s products or services;
- an agent utilized by Bimbo Bakehouse to evaluate the customer's creditworthiness or to collect the customer's account;
- a credit reporting agency;
- a person who needs the information because of an emergency that threatens the life, health or security of an individual;
- a third-party or parties, where the customer consents to such disclosure;
- a financial institution on a confidential basis and solely in connection with the assignment of its right to receive payment, the provision of security or other financing arrangements;
- professional advisors, consultants, investigators and adjudicators in defending and prosecuting legal claims; and
- any other person as required or permitted by law.
Bimbo Bakehouse may disclose personal information to affiliates and business partners to permit them to send you occasional information about their products and services in accordance with your consent.
In addition to the above, personal information may be disclosed to our affiliates (including outside of Canada) for internal audit, management, billing, administrative and other general business purposes.
Business Transactions. Personal information may be used by Bimbo Bakehouse and disclosed to parties connected with the proposed or actual financing, securitization, insuring, sale, assignment or other disposal of all or part of Bimbo Bakehouse or our business or assets, for the purposes of evaluating and/or performing the proposed transaction. These purposes may include, as examples:
- permitting those parties to determine whether to proceed or continue with the transaction
Legal, Regulatory, etc. Bimbo Bakehouse may disclose your personal information as necessary to meet legal, regulatory, industry self-regulatory, insurance, audit, and security requirements, and as otherwise with your consent or as permitted or required by law (including as required by applicable Canadian and foreign laws applicable to Bimbo Bakehouse or our agents and service providers, and including lawful requirements to disclose personal information to government authorities in those countries).
Our Website/The Internet
The Bimbo Bakehouse website may use and combine such passively collected anonymous information to provide better service to site visitors, customize the site based on your preferences, compile and analyze statistics and trends, and otherwise administer and improve the site for your use. Such passively collected anonymous information is not combined with personal information collected elsewhere on the website, unless you have consented to have your personal information collected in conjunction with this passive information.
Bimbo Bakehouse collects, uses and discloses your personal information with your consent, except as permitted or required by law. We may be required or permitted under statute or regulation to collect, use or disclose personal information without your consent, for example to comply with a court order, to comply with local or federal regulations or a legally permitted inquiry by a government agency, or to collect a debt owed to us.
Unsubscribing (Opting-out) of Email Campaigns
If you have consented to receive promotional materials from Bimbo Bakehouse we may periodically use your email address to send you information related to Bimbo Bakehouse products and services. If you would like to stop receiving promotional materials from Bimbo Bakehouse or the affiliated brands you can opt-out of emailing lists by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of a promotional email.
About Teenagers and Children
Children under the age of 13: Generally, we do not intend to collect personal information from individuals under the age of 13 without parental consent. If a child under 13 has provided us with personal information without parental consent, we ask that a parent or guardian of the child contact us to request that this personal information be deleted from our records. We will use reasonable efforts to delete the child's personal information from our existing files. We encourage parents to talk to their children about their use of the Internet and the personal information they disclose to websites or otherwise.
We will use reasonable efforts to delete all contact and other personal information obtained from a teenager if a parent or guardian notifies us that they wish to withdraw consent for the collection of a teenager's personal information.
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information using physical, electronic or procedural security measures appropriate to the sensitivity of the personal information in our custody or control, which may include safeguards to protect against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. Authorized employees, agents and mandataries of Bimbo Bakehouse who require access to your personal information in order to fulfil their job requirements will have access to your personal information.
Access, Correction and Contacting Us
A file containing your personal information for the purposes described above may be established and maintained at our offices or on our servers and those of our service providers. If you wish to request access or correction of your personal information in our custody or control, you may send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org , call us at 1-800-984-0989, or write to us at Bimbo Bakehouse, c/o Bimbo Bakeries USA, Inc., Consumer Relations Department, P.O. Box 976, Horsham, PA 19044. Your right to access or correct your personal information is subject to applicable legal restrictions. We may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections. Inquiries, requests and complaints will be addressed in a timely fashion, proportional to the complexity of matter. If you wish to make inquiries or complaints or have other concerns about our personal information practices, contact us by email, phone, or mail using the contact information listed above.
Links to Other Websites